Friday 30 January 2009

Weekly Challenge

Monday was the turn of my team, Blooming Pages, to set the weekly challenge over on UKS. We tried to keep it simple and choose the Chinese New Year celebrations as our theme.
So if you fancy having a go then you need to...
Scrap an animal - 10 points
Use traditional Oriental colours of black, red or gold - 10 points
Some form of stitching - 10 points

I must admit it took me a while to find the right photo and even then I had to change it to black and white, I finally settled on this little otter who look liked he was attempting to do the Mexican wave lol.



I also managed to scrap a photo for my eldest son's album, I love this photo and I really didn't want to desaturate the colour so after a bit of searching I remembered I had an old kit from GottaCraft with Birdie Bits from Dream Street which I thought would work perfectly with the backdrop.

It took me quite a while to cut the scallops out and a whole week to stop finding escaped seed beads lol, its not the most masculine page I've done but they are standing in front of a garden and in my defence gardens have flowers so why not the layout :)





No comments: